Ann Kagarise Photography

Ann Kagarise Photography
Ann Kagarise Photography

Wednesday, February 11, 2009

The Life of a Writer

I know people who say they are bored. As a writer, I do not even have enough time in the day. I am either interviewing for the paper, writing the article, or trying to work on my book. I wish I didnt have to sleep. Just think of what you could get done during those 7-8 hours. When I get a few moments, I go on twitter, facebook, my space, and blog so I can get my work out there. I read other young adult books to get a feel for what's out there. I'm glad that I am ADD because by the time you read the blogs on Jacketflap and see what the editors need, what you should have in a querie, post your own blog, go back to Twitter, send some tweets, check out the news of the day, go back to facebook, do more interviews for a story, write some more...by the end of the day, you just feel such a great accomplishment. My husband comes home and he is like well what did you do all day? That is so funny. I know. It appears as if I did nothing, but let me tell you... Nobody would understand it unless you are a writer, but I wouldnt change it for anything!
I absolutely love it. I love being a journalist! It gives me opportunities, I never would have had. I meet many different kinds of people and they let me write their life stories. They let me into their homes and tell me very personal things entrusting me with very dear life experiences. One story always leads to another story. I am very blessed in that respect. I am a published author. Self-published. I am currently working on a young adult fiction and I have been trying to dig deep into the young adult books that are out there. I love young adult books! My kids, who are 14 and 13, of course love them, but I'm hooked!
Well, back to writing...