Ann Kagarise Photography

Ann Kagarise Photography
Ann Kagarise Photography

Friday, February 13, 2009

The gift of being a journalist/writer

I have the best life. I so enjoy interviewing people and then conveying their stories in the written word. What an honor! I have interviewed people whose family members have just past away and they let me in their homes to share their pain. I have done 11 interviews this week already and I have another one today. As an established writer in the area, it is nice to know that people trust me! That is so important! Journalism, so often, has a left a bad taste in people's mouths, but those behind the pen, many times, really do care! I always look at the person I writing about as a gift before me. I want to be trusted and tell their stories in a way that will help them and the people reading! Having a platform is a huge responsibility. You can really hurt a lot of people who help. It is up to the journalist. I really hope that today I have enough time to work on my book. First thing in the morning I have to get my 2 daughters to school and I have so much to do in the day. I really need to make my YA book a priority! I need to write on it every day! I have deadlines in my own head. I want to keep those goals!