Ann Kagarise Photography

Ann Kagarise Photography
Ann Kagarise Photography

Sunday, July 12, 2009

Yikes!

I have already submitted 2 posts to the Examiner. I did a review on the book, Tweak and I did a piece on the website Voicerisingcleveland.org. If you have a parent of a young adult or are one, you need to check this site out. My posts will have a variety of local literary interests, sites, and activites as well as many national ones. The was one thing that really did disturb me, however. I went into their diary section. This allows teens/young adults to express themselves. They can talk about anything that may be on their minds and just about all of the posts had to do with self-harm and drug addiction. One girl just came out withe subject reading: Help! She put I am a cutter and I am going to commit suicide! I hope they were able to help her.
This shows me how sad our young adults are. Young adult literature shows the state of our young adults. It is scary. I believe that they feel abandoned and are deeply hurting. You can see the fears in their writing. Go on this site and check it out. Read some blogs of some young adults. Go on my space or other social networking sites and see what they are telling the world. It really is scary.