Ann Kagarise Photography

Ann Kagarise Photography
Ann Kagarise Photography

Monday, May 11, 2009

Cancer center love and a robbery all in one day

I spent the morning at a facility that helps individuals who have been touched by cancer. They started it around a kitchen table and now it is a 8000 square foot organization that changes lives. They help children and adults who have been impacted by the disease. The woman who told me about it had brain cancer and her husband died of brain cancer. Yes, they actually had the same cancer. Strange. Makes you wonder. Anyway, the lady I am speaking about was given a couple years to live and she is still here, seven years later. She is very active as a volunteer at the cancer center I am talking about. There were tears, hope, and healing. I was very blessed to interview them today.
I left there, to interview some individuals who were robbed. A man just came into their store with a knife and took very little money. A friend of mine stated to me that our economy is going to lead to more crimes like this. I did hear a report that more people are committing crimes. People who were hard working regular family type people. Not the normal type of person who would do a crime like that. I just dont understand why someone, no matter what condition they are in, would take from another and especially do it in fear. I alway ask my kids when they take something that doesnt belong to them, "Was it yours?" "Did you ask?" Then dont touch it. Maybe somebody didnt tell this man this boundary growing up.